We at Northeast Metro Referral Group felt a profound responsibility to give something back to our local community. While we are a relatively small group, we have given monetary donations to several non-profit organizations primarily in the White Bear Lake, Minnesota area and its surrounding communities. We have made donations to the following local organizations:
We will continue to support and help those in need within our community.
- - Providers of housing assistance for mental and physically disabled Minnesotans.
- - Providers of food staples in a time of need for local residents.
- - A local ministry that sponsors Medical Missions to people in need all over the world. We helped provide materials and labor for 2000 hygiene kits containing simple things most of us would take for granted. These went to families in Honduras.
- - We sponsored one of our members in an annual motorcycle ride to benefit children in Minnesota suffering through treatment for brain tumors.
- - We have made donations to help provide fun activities for underprivileged children whose families otherwise could not afford these on their own.
- - This is a children's orphanage located in Bogotá Columbia. We were able to help provide needed supplies and funds to help keep this wonderful children's care center in operation.
- - We felt we needed to honor the men and women of our military serving our country in Iraq. We were able to send 150 phone cards to allow them to call during the holiday season to speak with their families and loved ones
- - We sponsored their Fun Run event, for which the proceeds went to support the projects of JLSP. It's an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers